For the sixth consecutive year, the NLM and the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) co-sponsored the Leadership Fellows Program, which prepares emerging leaders to assume the directorships of academic health center libraries.
The 2008-2009 Fellows and Mentors are:
- Laura K. Cousineau, assistant director for program development and resource integration, library associate professor, Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina: Mentor: Gail Yokote, associate university librarian for sciences and technology, University of California, Davis
- Melissa L. Just, director, Graff Medical & Scientific Library, City of Hope,
Duarte, CA: Mentor: Cristina A. Pope, director, Health Sciences Library, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Roderick MacNeil, deputy university librarian, Scott Memorial Library, Thomas Jefferson University: Mentor: Terrance M. Burton, director, Health Sciences Library, Ebling Library, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Sandra I. Martin, interim director, Shiffman Medical Library, Wayne State University: Mentor: Gary Freiburger, director, Arizona Health Sciences Library, University of Arizona
- Nancy Hrinya Tannery, associate director for user services, Health Sciences Library System, University of Pittsburgh: Mentor: James Shedlock, director, Galter Health Sciences Library, Northwestern University