Mellanye Lackey | 2005-2006 Associate
Health Sciences Library
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
When did you become director?
February 1, 2019
What was your career path that led to your current position?
- Associate Fellow, NLM
- Global Public Health Information Liaison, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Health Sciences Library
- Associate Director of Education and Research, University of Utah Health Sciences Library
- Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Health Sciences Library
What is your educational background? Or additional training?
- BA, Mount Holyoke College
- MSI, University of Michigan School of Information
- Triangle Research Libraries Network Management Academy
- Harvard University Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians
- Association Academic Health Sciences Librarians Leadership Program
What are your top three priorities now?
- Growing the nascent UNLV Health Sciences Library.
- Completing the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries fellowship.
- Enjoying Las Vegas!
What did you learn as an Associate Fellow that you use in your position as director today?
So much! I have retained from my time as a fellow a big picture view of health sciences libraries and how they are connected to NLM. I also appreciate how the program introduced us to a wide variety of health sciences libraries and their directors.