The latest quarterly issue of NIH MedlinePlus magazine is now available online and in print.
TV host Leeza Gibbons talks about her experience as a caregiver for both her mother and her father. Gibbons shares how she overcame what she calls the common by-products of caregiving—“blame, shame, guilt, and resentment.”
In addition to covering caregiving, the issue also features—
- Black Eyed Peas’ Taboo—The Grammy Award-winning musician tells about his recent battle fighting testicular cancer. Also covered: more personalized ways to diagnose cancer.
- Traumatic Stress—New roads to recovery. NIH research looks for more individual treatment options.
- Developing a Universal Flu Vaccine—It’s more important than ever.
- 10 Promising NIH Research Advances—A path to hope.
- Are Pets Good for Your Health?—Learn what guinea pigs, fish, dogs, and horses have in common.
Through feature articles, personal stories, infographics, and more, NIH MedlinePlus helps explain how NIH turns “discovery into health.” This quarterly publication of NIH and the Friends of the National Library of Medicine gives readers news they can use.
Subscribe to NIH MedlinePlus. It’s free!
4 thoughts on “New Issue of NIH MedlinePlus Magazine with Leeza Gibbons”
Pingback: New Issue of NIH MedlinePlus Magazine with Leeza Gibbons – Heathy Casa
Pingback: New Issue of NIH MedlinePlus Magazine with Leeza Gibbons – Source
Would love to receive issues of the NIH MedlinePlus in Spanish. Have filled out several forms online and at the MLA Conference and still nothing.
I’m sorry for your trouble, Darlene. We definitely want you to get the issues of Salud you requested. The Spanish publication does not come out at the same frequency as NIH MedlinePlus magazine, however. Salud is published only about once a year, with the latest issue having come out in January 2018. You can see that issue, along with back issues, online at https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/magazine/. If you’d like to receive the physical issue from January, I’m happy to send that along. Just drop us a note at email@example.com.
Comments are closed.